WP Coupons and Deals Plugin Review – My Favourite Coupon Plugin – Save 20%
WP Coupons and Deals is a free and premium plugin to not only promote affiliate coupon offers but also to create physical image coupons and deals not requiring a coupon. Read my WP Coupons and Deals plugin review to see why it is currently my favourite coupon plugin for WordPress.
What is WP Coupons and Deals?
WP Coupons and Deals is a popular WordPress plugin available as both a free limited plugin and a fully featured premium plugin. If you are a blogger, marketer or run any sort of WordPress website or blog, you need an easy way to point your visitors to special offer coupons or just deals. You can always opt for simple text links or buttons but a well-formatted coupon stands out amongst the text and attracts the visitor’s eye to the offer.
What are the main features of WP Coupons and Deals?
Wp Coupons and Deals has a wide array of features that are not matched by other WordPress coupon plugins. The pro version is a fully featured coupon plugin with features that other plugins fail to offer. Here is my breakdown of the main features:
- Coupon templates
- Image coupons
- Hide coupon code
- Click to copy coupon
- Expiration counter
- Coupon widgets
This is a unique feature as with most (if not all) coupon plugins, you are limited to a single coupon style and this style will be used by default on all coupons. WP Coupons and Deals have done a good job of adding several templates in the pro version with varying degrees of content on the coupon.
At the time of writing, there are 7 templates to choose from. The template provided in the free and pro version is called Default. This is a simple template with a dashed outline, expiry date, title and offer heading and a button.
- Template One allows a featured image to be added to the coupon, this is located on the left-hand side of the standard coupon. There is a coupon bold heading, an area for adding a description below that. On the right-hand side, there is a separate section showing the deal or coupon offer and a label with a clickable icon to go to the deal and below that is the expiry date.
- Template Two has the featured image on the left with the coupon title below the image, bold heading in the main body, expiry with long-form countdown (days/hours/minutes etc) below the header text with the call to action button/text on the right of that. Below all of that is the coupon deal text description.
- Template Three does not have the featured image on the main coupon as it has a slightly different layout. The coupon design is more centralised where the content is split top and bottom, not into thirds as the previous designs. It has a bold header, description and a split in the design, then the expiry date and call to action button.
- Template Four is a totally different coupon and one that I have not seen with any other coupon plugin. It is 3 coupons in 1 coupon listing. This is a great coupon if you have an affiliate listing for a hosting package for example and there are varying deals or coupons codes for varying packages, for example, shared hosting, reseller hosting and VPS. All three offers can be combined into a single coupon with their own separate links, coupon codes, expiry date and heading title.
- Template Five is a bright colourful bold option, it has a nice border, large bright call to action button and clear expiry date. The featured image is located on the right this time leaving the coupon details on the left.
- Template Six is a more compact coupon, it has a nice ribbon on the left with the coupon description, main header and text in the middle, expiry date below separated with a border, featured image on the right with the call to action button.
The colour options including hidden code covers, borders and all colours can be set by default in the settings and also a theme colour can be set per coupon. The deals page (discussed later) uses the same featured image uploaded to the coupon here. The recommended size for the featured image is 700×560 pixels.
As there are several template options, you can use one of all of the template designs. It’s best to try a few to see what suits the deal and what suits your site.
Image coupons are used if you need your coupons to be printable to use for an in-store promotion for example. When setting up a new coupon, under Coupon Type, select Image rather than coupon or deal. This will allow you to upload a premade coupon image with a barcode for example. You can add a print coupon text link and set the coupon image height and width and add a link if required.
Hide Coupon Code
This is a great option to get your visitors clicking on your coupons as the code is hidden until they click to reveal the coupon, the website opens and the coupon pops up with the coupon code revealed and automatically copied to clipboard for easy
WP Coupons & Deals have updated the plugin to version 2.5 today – great news but it means that I need to retake some of my screenshots, re-record my video and rewrite a portion of my text which was due to go up this week with the screenshots.
The new features in brief:
- Heading tag for coupon title
- Social share buttons for coupons
- Choose colour scheme when importing coupons
- Option to turn off category navigation when using a shortcode
- Other fixes
The heading tag and social share options are a nice addition, another plugin I bought and am currently
Try WP Coupons & Deals
Try this fantastic WordPress coupons & deals plugin
WP Coupons and Deals Review
WP Coupons and Deals is my favourite coupons and deals plugin for WordPress. It is easy to use, there are several templates for the coupons and there are some great features.
Subscribe to receive the latest on Making Money with Affiliate income!
We share offers and new posts on making money with affiliate income, subscribe to receive offers and save money!